Skip to content

Renters Insurance

from Spangler Insurance

Renters Insurance

Your Condo or Co-op Insurance Needs Are Unique

Owning a condo or co-op in King County means you don’t need the same insurance other homeowners do. But you need more than renters insurance too. That’s why we offer condo and co-op insurance for your unique protection needs.

Condominium and co-operative insurance cover your unit but not the entire building you live in, which isn’t your responsibility. Your personal belongings are protected, like furniture, electronics, and clothing, as are the elements you own in your home, such as cabinetry, flooring, light fixtures, appliances, and bathroom components. Most policies can also be adjusted to cover any areas of shared responsibility outside your unit as dictated by your HOA or property contracts.

Condo and Co-op Insurance Also Provides Liability Coverage

Most condo and co-op insurance policies also offer liability protection. This covers you in case someone has an accident on your property and sues you for medical care or disability.

You can increase your liability coverage with a personal umbrella policy too. This gives you more liability protection should you reach the cap on your property owner liability coverage. Do you own a dog? A personal umbrella policy is recommended, and it’s a smart move for high-net-worth individuals, public figures, and those who entertain frequently as well.

Do You Need Extra Coverage for Other Scenarios?

What if you aren’t able to live in your co-op or condo after filing a claim where repairs or rebuilding are necessary? Be sure to inquire about additional living expenses (aka loss of use coverage) that pay for you to reside somewhere else in the interim.

You should also tell your agent about any valuables you own that might need special coverage, like:

  • Furs
  • Jewelry
  • Precious metals
  • Fine art
  • Antiques
  • Firearms
  • Collectibles

Depending on your location in King County, you may desire flood protection for peace of mind. Given our seismic risks in the Pacific Northwest, adding an earthquake endorsement can also be a wise choice.

Ask Us About Condo and Co-op Insurance in King County

Our independent agents at Spangler Insurance are pros when it comes to finding the right coverage for King County condo and co-op owners. Our extra large selection of insurance products and renowned personalized service keep our clients coming back every time they need insurance protection.

You can start a condo or co-op policy online any time, or call us 206-329-7447 today to get started on your home’s vital protection.