Skip to content

Homeowner Insurance

from Spangler Insurance

Homeowner Insurance

Your Home Is Your Castle, So Protect It Well

We all know the old saying, “Your home is your castle.” Today’s version of the castle moat to protect it is homeowner insurance. This insurance gives you property protection and more, so you don’t have to worry if something unexpected happens to your biggest asset.

Homeowner insurance covers your dwelling in the event of damage or loss to storms, fire, vandalism, and many other kinds of emergencies. It also covers the belongings inside your home, such as furniture, decor, appliances, electronics, clothing, and personal items.

If you have special valuables, you can add what’s known as scheduled coverage for them. Be sure to ask if you want extra insurance for:

  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Collectibles
  • Precious metals
  • Firearms
  • Furs
  • Artwork
  • Antiques

Without homeowner insurance, you would have to pay out of your own savings to repair or rebuild your home, which most folks find unaffordable these days. You may actually be required by your mortgage lender to have homeowner insurance, but our clients throughout the state of Washington find it beneficial regardless. Just the extreme weather our state has been experiencing lately makes it worthwhile.

Homeowner Insurance Offers More Than Property Protection

As well as protection for the inside and outside of your property, homeowner insurance provides broad protection. This means it gives you liability coverage, too, in case of an injury on your property, like someone slipping and falling on your stairs or your dog biting a delivery person.

Many policies offer worldwide liability coverage, protecting you and the members of your household from legal damages even when you’re traveling and not at home. You can elect to add more liability protection — up to a million dollars or more — with a personal umbrella policy.

Homeowner policies also usually offer alternative living expenses (also known as loss of use coverage). This reimburses the cost of living elsewhere if your home is not habitable at the time you file a claim.

Independent Agents Can Help You Arrange the Right Coverage

When you want to purchase homeowner insurance, we urge you to work with independent agents, like those at Spangler Insurance. Our personalized service lets us customize a policy that’s just for you, coupled with the large selection of products we have at our fingertips — more than you’ll find with big-name companies.

To learn more about properly protecting your home, call us today at 206-329-7447. Or reach out online with your questions or to start a quote right away.