Skip to content

Personal Insurance

Spangler Insurance

Personal Insurance

Personal insurance includes a range of products designed to protect you as an individual. Whether you own property, rent, or drive a vehicle, you can rest easy knowing you’re protected if the worst happens.

Homeowner Insurance

This coverage protects the dwelling you live in if it is damaged or destroyed by fire, storms, vandalism, or theft. Both the structure of the home and its interior are covered, meaning the exterior, architectural elements, and all your belongings inside, like appliances, furnishings, clothing, and electronics.

There’s a reason virtually all mortgage lenders require homeowner insurance. Your policy covers repairs, replacement, or reconstruction, so you don’t have to foot the bill on your own.

It’s easy to add extra coverage for valuables like jewelry and fine art. You can also tack on earthquake or flood insurance, which is smart for Washingtonians. A personal umbrella policy increases the limited liability coverage that comes with a regular homeowner policy for accidents on your property. It’s a wise addition for high-net-worth individuals and dog owners.

Do you own a property you rent out to others, like a vacation cottage or Airbnb guest house? Ask us about host liability coverage for that.

Renter and Condo Insurance

If you are a renter or own a condominium, you don’t need a homeowner policy. Instead, you either need renters insurance or condo owner insurance.

Since you don’t own the actual structure of your building in either scenario, you don’t need coverage for that. But you do want a renters or condo policy to cover your belongings like clothing and furniture. If you’re a condo dweller, you also get protection for appliances and improvements you’ve made to the property inside, like flooring or kitchen cabinets.

Auto Insurance

To register and operate a motor vehicle in Washington state, you must carry at least the minimum required auto liability insurance:

  • $25,000 of bodily injury or death of 1 person in any 1 accident
  • $50,000 of bodily injury or death of any 2 people in any 1 accident
  • $10,000 of injury to or destruction of property of others in any 1 accident

This coverage protects you and family members in case you are at fault in an accident. Otherwise, you’d have to pay for the other party’s medical bills or damaged vehicle yourself.

However, liability insurance does not cover your own vehicle if you cause a crash. Therefore, you want collision insurance, too, to get you back on the road quickly after an accident. Comprehensive insurance rounds out what we call “full coverage” and protects you in the event of fire, vandalism, or theft.

Personal Umbrella Insurance

Your other personal policies include a limited amount of liability coverage in case of accidents on your property or, say, damage to a hotel room while traveling. But what if you were sued for a large amount of money and exceeded your policy liability cap?

That’s where personal umbrella insurance is a lifesaver. It increases your liability coverage to $1 million or even more. You won’t forfeit your assets if you lose in court or have to pay a huge private settlement. And you can use it for any kind of home liability or even after a car accident.

Some mortgage lenders require it for dog owners, but no matter what, umbrella coverage is smart to have in case of a bite. And if you’re a high-net-worth individual, umbrella insurance is protection in a society that’s increasingly more litigious, where you are particularly at risk.

Let Us Assist You with All Your Personal Insurance Needs

At Spangler Insurance, we’re independent agents who can help with all your personal insurance needs. We have a much broader array of personal insurance options for you than the big companies, which are tied to just a few products.

Our experts will help you figure out how much coverage you need. We can also assist you with how to balance your premium and deductible to meet your budget and how to save money by bundling multiple policies together.

Start a policy any time online, or call us today at 206-329-7447 to get started.